(Electron micrograph of phage SP6 courtesy of Ian Molineaux)
- What are phage (link to ASM site)
- Why study phage?
- Lytic growth
- Specialized transduction
- Generalized transduction
- Phage ecology (for recent reviews see: Weinbauer MG. 2004. Ecology of prokaryotic viruses. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 28(2): 127-181, and Chibani-Chennoufi et al. 2004. Phage-host interaction: an ecological perspective. J. Bacteriol. 186: 3677-3686)
SOME USEFUL PHAGE LINKS:
- Some sample problems about lytic growth of phage.
- Some sample problems about specialized transduction.
- Some sample problems about lysogenic growth of phage.
- Some sample problems about generalized transduction.
Please send comments, suggestions, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified July 10, 2004