Salton Basin-Colorado Delta
American Rivers: Colorado River Delta
http://www.amrivers.org/20-6.html Contents: Description of the Colorado River Delta, Baja California and Sonora and a discussion of water needs for delta ecosystems.
American University Case Studies
- http://gurukul.ucc.american.edu/TED/NEW.HTM Contents: Case study on the New River.
- http://gurukul.ucc.american.edu/TED/COLORADO.HTM Contents: Case study on the Colorado River water dispute.
- http://gurukul.ucc.american.edu/TED/USMEX.HTM Contents: US-Mexican environmental and trade cases.
Arizona Comparative Environmental Risk Project
http://earthvision.asu.edu/acerp/ Contents: Report on stresses affecting different ecosystems in Arizona; see chapter 2 for riparian ecosystems.
Arizona State Parks
Cattail State Parkhttp://www.pr.state.az.us/parkhtml/cattail.html Contents: Description and directions to Cattail State Park.
Lake Havusu State Parkhttp://www.pr.state.az.us/parkhtml/havasu.html Contents: Description and directions to the Lake Havusu State Park
Alamo Lake State Parkhttp://www.pr.state.az.us/parkhtml/alamo.html Contents: Descriptiona and directions to Alamo Lake State Park.
http://www.webcom.com/~borchers/azr1.html Contents: Other images and general information about Alamo Lake State Park.
Biodiversity Research Center of the Californias
http://www.sdnhm.org/research/brcccovr.html Contents: Reseach information on Birds and Mammals, Botany, Entomology, Herpetology, Marine Invertebrates, Mineralogy, Paleontology; symposia and workshops; expeditions and publications.
Brown - Congressman George Brown's Writing and Activities
http://www.house.gov/georgebrown/saltonse.htm Contents: Activities and political commentary of Congressman George Brown.
Cahuilla Indians/Palm Springs
http://www.palmsprings.com/history/indian.html Contents: Essay on the history of the Palm Springs Agua Caliente Cahuilla Indians.
California Environmental Documents, Search for
http://galaxy.cs.berkeley.edu/docs/query.shtml Contents: Cheshire II search engine for California environmental documents.
California Ecological Restoration Projects Inventory
http://endeavor.des.ucdavis.edu/cerpi/ Contents: Inventory of projects which are listed by county.
California Environmental Resources Evaluation System (CERES), The
http://www.ceres.ca.gov/ Contents: Environmental information by organization, geographic area, theme and data type; Current interest topics such as CALFED Bay-Delta progrom and flood informtion; Ceres webs including environmental education, environmental law, land use planning, watershed information and wetlands information.
Center for the Environment, UCDavis
http://endeavor.des.ucdavis.edu/cara/ Contents: Links to the California State Resources Agency; the California Environmental Resources Evaluation System (CERES); information about the California River Assessment Project.
Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies, Unversity of California San Diego
http://weber.ucsd.edu/Depts/USMex/ Contents: List of affiliated research personnel and Staff, 1997-98, research areas, publication program, seminars, public education activities, researchers-in-residence program, and who's who in San Diego-Tijuana cross border affairs.
Centro de Datos para la Conservación de la Naturaleza en Sonora (CDC-SON)
California River Assessment Project
http://endeavor.des.ucdavis.edu/cara/southern.html Contents: Information on River basins in Southern California; information by region; clickable maps.
Coachella Valley Association of Governments
http://www.scag.org/bin/subregion/3 Contents: Clickable map for links to Coachella Valley Association of Governments Subregions; regional atlas and data in development; events and other resources.
Coachella Valley Water District
- http://www.cvwd.org Contents: Current water issues; CVWD boundaries; Evapotranspiration map of the Coachella Valley and part of the Imperial Valley; Weather information.
- http://www.cvwd.org/water&cv.htm Contents: Water information.
Eagle Crest Energy
http//www.saltonsea.com Contents: Outline of their plans to address: Biological Control, Salinity Control, Water Level Control and Financing.
El Colegio de la Frontera Norte (COLEF), Tijuana
- http://www.colef.mx/ Contents: An institution for scientific research and graduate education, specializing in economic, social, political, cultural, urban, enviromental, gender, demographic and health issues in the US-Mexico border region. In Spanish
- http://www.tijuana-net.com/colef/about/elcolef.htm Contents:Same as preceeding but in English
- http://www.zianet.com/irc1/bordline/bl4-colf.html Contents: A general article in English about COLEF published in the December 1993 issue of Borderlines.
COLEF/ORSTOM Joint Digital Mapping Project
http://gort.ucsd.edu/mw/colef.html Contents: Information on project of El Colegio de la Frontera Norte, Tijuana (COLEF) and the French Institute of Research for Development in Cooperation (ORSTOM); information and images for the Tijuana river watershed and the lower Colorado River delta region.
Colorado River Basin Region-CAEPA Regional Water Quality Control Board
http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/~rwqcb7/links.html Contents: Salton Sea Restoration Project links, watershed management links, TMDL links, New River/Mexicali Sanitation Program links, CA State Water Resources Control Board Program links, government agency links, water quality regulation links, county government links, city government links, irrigation/water district links, and non-profit organizations links
Colorado River Water User's Association
- http://crwua.mwd.dst.ca.us/ Contents: Excellent summaries of information on legal, environmental, political, recreational, and other issues by an organization representing agricultural, municipal and industrial water users in the seven Colorado River basin states.
- Law of the River
- http://crwua.mwd.dst.ca.us/profiles/lor/lor_prof.htm#twm Contents: Law of the River: A good summary of recent compacts and treaties and the politics behind them.
- Ten Tribes and the River
- http://crwua.mwd.dst.ca.us/t10/crwua_t10.htm Contents: Ten U.S. Indian tribes occupy reservations with claimed or vestedwater rights to the Colorado River.
Committee for the National Institute for the Environment
http://www.cnie.org/ Contents: Information on initiative to create a NIE; access to the online National Library for the Environment.
Committee for the National Institute for the Environment
http://www.cnie.org/ Contents: Information on initiative to create a NIE; access to the online National Library for the Environment
Congressman Brown's Salton Sea Webpage
http://www.house.gov/georgebrown/saltonse.htm Contents: Speeches, legislative uupdates, photos
Cornell University Aquaculture
http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/calsnews/v2i5/tilipia.html Contents: Cornell aquaculture project of growing Tilapia indoors; code name-'Tilapia McNuggets'
Department of Fish and Game
- http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wmd/areamaps.html Contents: Maps of selected State Parks and National Refuges.
- Imperial Valley Area Map
- http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wmd/iva.gif Contents: Map of Imperial Valley Area including: Imperial Wildlife Area, Wister and Ramer Units; Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge.
- Department of Fish and Game-Algodones dunes
- http://www.dfg.ca.gov:80Endangered/IMP.html Contents: List of endangered species in Imperial county including the Algodones Dunes sunflower and desert pupfish.
http://www.geo.duke.edu/haff.htm Contents: Desert pavement topics; PETER K. HAFF. Professor of Geology.
- http://www.desertusa.com Contents: Calls itself 'The ultimate desert resource'; news; the desert; desert life; parks; exploring; features of the month.
- http://www.desertusa.com/colorado/intro/du_introcr.html Contents: Extensive information on the Colorado River
- http://www.desertusa.com/flow.html Contents: Index; features of the month; calendar; desert quicktime movies; animals; flora; Native Americans; places to go; the outpost; and trail guide.
- http://www.desertusa.com/salton/salton.html Contents: Information on the Salton Sea.
- http://www.desertusa.com/anza_borrego/du-abpmain.html Contents: Anza Borrego State Park information.
- http://desertusa.com/OHV/du_algodones.html Contents: Algodones Dunes
Department of Energy
- DOE Geothermal Energy Technical Site -- Imperial Valley Geothermal Power Plants
- http://doegeothermal.inel.gov/imvalley.html Contents: This is the US Department of Energy's Geothermal Energy Technical Information Site; list of Imperial Valley geothermal plants and technical information: location, operator, plant type, year, and net rating MW.
- Laboratory Site Listings
- http://www.em.doe.gov/em94/nwcalif.html Contents: Listing of sites including: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory/California, Laboratory for Energy-Related Health Research, Davis and Salton Sea Test Base.
- Salton Sea Test Base
- http://www.em.doe.gov/em94/nwcalif.html#cajump1 Contents: Salton Sea Test Base and environmental impact.
Earth System Science Center, Pennsylvania State University.
http://dbwww.essc.psu.edu/dbndx/tree/amer_n/us_nw/ca/n33w115.html Contents: Geographic databases including ones for Salton Sea region; needs sophisticated software such as 'Arc Info' to use.
Estación el Golfo de Santa Clara
- http://www.gym.itesm.mx/humed8/contribuciones/staclara.html Contents: Objetivos generales de la estación --Apoyar en la implementación del Programa de Manejo de la Reserva de la Biosfera "Alto Golfo de California y Delta del Río Colorado", participando y/o facilitando acciones y labores administrativas, de manejo, inspección vigilancia, educación ambiental e investigación científica and more
- http://www.cedar.univie.ac.at/arch/infoterra/96may/msg00103.html Contents: Article posted on bulletin board of a U.S. Mexico water and the Colorado River Delta meeting in Mexicali, Baja California Norte, 17 May 1996, between Pronatura, the environmental NGO from Mexico, and Amigos de Pronatura, its United States sister NGO based in Tucson, Arizona.
Geothermal Project Salton Sea- Imperial Valley
http://www.calenergy.com/projects/imperial.html Contents: Information about CalEnergy Americas Imperial Valley Project, eight facilities in the Salton Sea Known Geothermal Resource Area (SSKGRA) in southern California's Imperial Valley, four of which are called "The Salton Sea Project".
Great Salt Lake, Utah, USGS
http://wwwdutslc.wr.usgs.gov/greatsaltlake/saltlake.html Contents: history, salinity, elevation, biology, commercial activities, publications; largest saline lake in North America
Imperial County Community College Web
- http://www.imperial.cc.ca.us Content: General information about Imperial Community College.
- http://www.imperial.cc.ca.us/birds/iv-birds.htm Content: Birds of the Imperial Valley region including the Salton Sea; individual pictures and fact sheets on each bird; access to the National Audubon Society; Peterson Online; Refuge net.
http://www.imperialcounty.com/index.html Contents: Area information such as the Glamis Sand Dunes, photo tour of the county, county demographics, calendar of events, important city and other links.
Imperial County: CERES Database
http://ceres.ca.gov/geo_area/counties/Imperial/ Contents: Current flood conditions for Imperial County, economics and demographics, environmental groups and projects, governmental institutions, land use planning, media sources, recreation, road and weather conditions, special status species, water resources, vegetation and habitats, maps and spatial data, photo tour, documents and publications, and link to Colorado Desert.
Imperial County Office of Education
http://www.icoe.k12.ca.us/ Contents: Technology learning center, education network, programs, K-12 resources, government information, and "Our community" section.
Imperial Irrigation District
- http://www.iid.com Contents: Home page
- http://www.iid.com/aboutiid/env-salton.html Contents: Environmental history of the Salton Sea
Imperial Sand Dunes - BLM Recreation and Wilderness Area
http://desertusa.com/sandhills/sandhillsorg.html Contents: Natural History and links to the wilderness home page.
Imperial Valley Association of Governments
http://www.scag.org/bin/subregion/4 Contents: Clickable map for links to Coachella Valley Association of Governments Subregions, regional atlas and data in development, events, directory of personnel language fluencies, directory of staff expertise and other resources.
Imperial Valley History-El Centro Chamber of Commerce
http://www.elcentrochamber.com/history.htm Contents: History of Dr. O.M. Wozencraft's thirty eight -year quest to bring water to the Imperial Valley.
Inland Empire Economic Data bank and Forecasting Center
- http://www.agsm.ucr.edu/forecast/index.html Contents: Links to city pages, Inland Empire Review and the Economia Analysis of the Salton Sea Report.
- Inland Empire Review
- http://www.agsm.ucr.edu/forecast/ier/04_98/04_98.html Contents: Review articles from their current economic newsletter.
- Economic Benefits of the Salton Sea
- http://www.agsm.ucr.edu/forecast/salton/index.html Contents: Summary of the Economic analysis of the benefits of rehabilitating the Salton Sea.
- Economic and Demographic Data
- http://www.agsm.ucr.edu/forecast/citypages/citypage.html Contents: Economic and demographic data for these cities and counties in the Inland Empire: County of Riverside, County of San Bernardino, Corona, Moreno Valley, Murrieta, Norco, Ontario, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, Riverside City, San Bernardino, Temecula
Internet Guide for the Biologist
http://www.nfrcg.gov/fieldguide.html Contents: a guide to many biological resources found on the World Wide Web.
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- http://www.mwd.dst.ca.us/ Contents: Comprehensive website with Mission Statement, Communications, Board of Directors, Engineering, Executive Management, Environmental Compliance, MWD Member Agencies, Finance & Business Services, News and Information, Human Resources, Legislative Issues, Operations, Year 2000 Compliance, Planning and Resources, Hot Topics and Water Quality
- http://blizzard.mwd.dst.ca.us/ Contents: Integrated Resource Plan
Mining Company, The
http://geogweb.berkeley.edu/GeoImages/QTVR/CoachellaImperial/EastShoreSaltonSeaS.html Contents: QTVR of the East Shore of The Salton Sea, Imperial County, CA.
National Audubon Society
- http://www.igc.apc.org/audubon/ Contents: Website for the national organization.
- http://www.nmt.edu/~shipman/z/ Contents: Christmas Bird Counts for the Salton Sea
- Santa Monica, California Chapter
- http://www.audubon.org/chapter/ca/santamonicabay/ss.htm Contents: Santa Monica, California chapter; newsletter; Salton Sea Campaign; lots of links on bird issues.
National Biological Service
- http://www.npsc.nbs.gov Contents: Information of the National Biological Service.
- http://www.npsc.nbs.gov/resource/othrdata/chekbird/r1/ Contents: Add to address: salton.htm or saltmam.htm or saltfish.htm or saltrept.htm to obtain checklists for the Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge of birds, mammals, fish, or amphibian and reptiles respectively.
- http://www.nbs.gov/pr/newsrelease Contents: Articles of environmental interest and occasionally on the Salton Sea such as the Pelican bird die-off.
- http://www.nbs.nau.edu:80/Forum/Sourcebooks/colriven.html Contents: Colorado River endangered fish recovery program.
- http://teal.ttc.nbs.gov/pr/ Contents: BRD Press releases, news releases, and report on endocrine disrupters in fish which is the focus of new USGS studies.
National Geodetic Survey
http://www.ngs.noaa.gov Contents: NOAA-National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; NOS--US National Ocean Survey; Links to Ocean and Coastal Resources.
National Herbarium -SMITHSONIAN
http://www.nmnh.si.edu/botany/projects/algae Contents: Algae site that includes a general introduction to the algae, recent staff publications (including selected abstracts), and information about the herbarium; TYPE COLLECTION is a database that is directly searchable via the web; Many links to other algae web sites.
National Science Foundation
http://www.nsf.gov/ Contents: Biology, Computer Science, Crosscutting programs, Education, Engineering, Geoscience, Math, Physical Sciences, polar research, Social/Behavioral, Public information, and US science statistics.
Pest Management Program--State of California
- http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/ Contents: University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program listings including Imperial County Pesticide Summary.
- http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PUSE/1993/im93-sp.01.html Contents: California Pesticide Use Summaries --1993 - Imperial County.
Secretariá de Medio Ambiente, Recursos Naturales y Pescas
- http://semarnap.conabio.gob.mx Contents: All sorts of information from Mexico's Secretary of the Environment; Natural Resources and Fisheries.
- http://semarnap.conabio.gob.mx/region.htm Content: Regional maps for Mexico.
- http://semarnap.conabio.gob.mx/FRONORTE.htm Contents: Frontera Norte (Northern Border) organizations and related websites; program for mapping of the border region. In development.
NASA - Remote Sensing and Other Images of the Salton Sea
- http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/object_page/g05_s65_45747.html Contents: Earth view from Gemini 5 of The Imperial Valley, California and Arizona on Earth.
- http://images.jsc.nasa.gov/images/pao/AS7/10074915.htm Contents: NASA Photo of the Salton Sea
- http://rbse.jsc.nasa.gov:81/public/UI_Metadata/public/1/109 Contents: NASA Metadata image of the Pacific Coast; access to their main collection.
- http://iifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/ais/IIFS-html/LT/NewTutorial/nicktutor35a.html Contents: Salton Sea LANDSAT TM PHOTO from NASA tutorial page
- http://ersaf.jsc.nasa.gov/sseop.html Contents: Space Shuttle Earth observations photography; detailed Salton Sea photograph.
National Wildlife Health Center (NWHC)
- http://www.emtc.usgs.gov/http_data/nwhc/mortal.html Contents: Mortality and pathology link for the Salton Sea.
- http://www.emtc.nbs.gov/http_data/nwhc/quarterl/1qt95/west.html Contents: National Wildlife Health Center Quarterly Wildlife Mortality Report Western Region.
Nature Conservancy -Dos Palmas Oasis Preserve
http://www.iinet.com/re/events/2_palmas.html Contents: Dos Palmas Oasis Preserve; information on Mexican Fan Palms; The Dos Palmas Oasis Preserve; LANDSAT imagery.
Pacific Institute, The
Http://www.pacinst.org/pacinst Contents: Information on the Colorado River Delta and Upper Gulf Restoration Project and an excerpt from the institute's publication, "The Sustainable use of Water in the Lower Colorado River Basin"
River Network, The
http://www.rivernetwork.org/ Contents: a grassroots organization to help people organize to protect and restore rivers and watersheds; many online resources and links; sponsors a listserv, rivernet-information.
Salton Sea Information
- http://www.saltonseainfo.com/news.html Contents: News, updates of information about the sea, public forum, background, articles and numerous links.
- http://www.saltonseainfo.com/eden.html Contents: Historical background and perspective by Steve Horvitz, Superintendent of The Salton Sea State Recreation Park
Salton Sea, The
http://www.desertusa.com/borrego/du_salton.html Contents: origins; 1996 die-off pelicans and other birds; Salton Sea State Recreation Area; campgrounds; Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge; biological diversity; bird viewing tips.
Salton Sea Test Base
http://em-50.em.doe.gov/BEST/techs/sites/site0303.html Contents: Waste Site Needs; Name: Salton Sea Test Base/Salton Sea Test Base Owner: Sandia
San Diego County Water Authority
http://www.sdcwa.org/ Contents: History, water conservation and transer, reclamation, facts sheets, press releases, IID partnership summary, desalinization, education, meetings and member agencies.
San Diego Natural History Museum
http://www.sdnhm.org/home.htmlContents: Information on their missioon, exhibits, research interests, education, events and volunteer program.
Santa Clara de Golfo Site
http://www.gym.itesm.mx/humed8/contribuciones/staclara.html Contents: Santa Clara de Golfo information.
San Francisco Bay Estuary Toxic Contaminants Project
http://water.wr.usgs.gov/toxics/theme_a.html Contents: Related site-The San Joaquin Delta : Influences Of Riverine Inputs, local land use, and Managed flows.
Sea of Cortez University of Arizona
http://eebweb.arizona.edu/marine/gulf_ca/ Contents: Introduction to region, Ecology, and current news.
Southwest Center for Environmental Research and Policy (SCERP)
- http://www.civil.utah.edu/scerp Contents: Reports and abstracts of All SCERP projects, GIS initiatives and data sets (includes examples from SCERP projects), Bibliography of published results of SCERP efforts, SCERP participants' recommended sites.
- SCERP people and institutions and other border-related sites, SCERP project highlights.
- http://www.civil.utah.edu/scerp/docs/sweedler/chapter1c.html Contents: Part 3: Energy Use in Baja California; Energy Sources and Infrastructure in Baja California; Image of the Western Section: U.S.-Mexico Electric Power System; and Generating Facilities Baja California.
http://www.seismo.berkeley.edu/seismo/ Contents: Information from the Berkeley Seismology Station.
Southern California Seismographic Network digital Broadband Stations -TERRAscope and USGS Digital Stations
- http://www.scecdc.scec.org/otherfaults1.html Fault map of active faults in Southern California Region.
- http://www.scecdc.scec.org/sofault.html Southern California Southern Region clickable page to describe faults.
- http://www.scecdc.scec.org/terra.html#MAP Contents: Introduction to the network of systems; Clickable map for the current southern California TERRAscope stations, U.S.Geological Survey digital stations a, and AMOES stations and faults lines.
- Superstition Mountain Station-Imperial County
- http://www.scecdc.scec.org/terrascope/TerraSMTC.html Contents: Picture of Superstition Mountain site and information about its instrumentation and system.
Southwest Center for Biological Diversity
http://www.sw-center.org/swcbd/ Contents: Conservation biology and action strategies, campaigns, white papers. Soon to have information on the lower delta of the Colorado River.
Southwest Center for Environmental Research and Policy
http://www.civil.utah.edu/scerp/projects/P18.html Contents:Project Title-Development of Best Management Practices for Water and Riparian Resources Along the Santa Cruz Watershed, U.S./Mexico Border
Southwestern Wildlands and Recreation Areas
http://www.summithut.com/phone.htm#mexico Contents: Phone and address guide to southwestern wildlands & recreation areas: Tucson Area; Mexico; Southwestern Arizona; Southeastern Arizona; Eastern Arizona and Western New Mexico; Central Arizona; Northern Arizona; and Other Areas In The West
Southern California Integrated GPS Network (SCIGN)
- http://www.scign.org/ Contents: Homepage, overview, organization, projects, education module, station location maps.
- http://www.scign.org/maps/ExistingSites_SC.html Contents: Existing California earthquake station sites
Sun's Joules: Geothermal
http://www.crest.org/renewables/SJ/geothermal/576.html Contents: The Sun's Joules Geothermal at Salton Sea; large undeveloped geothermal reservoir which went undeveloped for years.
State Park Reservations
http://www.destinet.com/calif/parks/c623.html Contents: Information on making reservations in California State Parks
State Water Resources Control Board
http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/ Contents: Resolutions, Plans, Permits, Wateer Law and Regulations, Bay/Delta, Regional Boards, Water Rights, and Links.
State Water Resources Control Board - San Diego Region
http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/~rwqcb9/ Contents: San Diego Basic Plan, Leaking Underground Storage Information System, Triennial Review and EPA Information.
Union Tribune Newspaper Archives
http://www.uniontrib.com/uniontrib_intro/index.html Contents: Daily news and feature; free sign on for the archives.
United Nations Environment Program - Global Lake & Catchment Conservation Database
http://msslsp.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/orgs/un/glaccd/html/home.html Contents: prototype database for all the world's lakes and reservoirs larger than 100 km2 ; for each gives latitude, longitude, surface area, elevation and type of surrounding terrain; size-frequency distribution of world's lakes; remotely sensed changes in lake level for selected lakes; much else.
University of Arizona Sea of Cortez
http://eebweb.arizona.edu/marine/gulf_ca/ Contents: Introduction to region, Ecology, and current news.
University of California Davis
- Salton Sea project
- http://www.engr.ucdavis.edu/~wremg/Salton_Sea/index.html Contents: Water currents and circulation, historical perspective, basin map, bottom topography, management models and project reports.
- Salt Cedar Removal - Coachella Valley National Wildlife Refuge
- http://endeavor.des.ucdavis.edu/cerpi/ProjectDescription.asp?ProjectPK=4523 Contents: Project description for Salt Cedar removal project at the Coachella Valley National Wildlife Refuge.
University of California San Diego - Salton Sea/Aral Sea
http://visearth.ucsd.edu/VisE_Int/aralseahtml/SaltSea.intro.html Content: SGI images; space images with distance; Salton Sea; salinity, San Andreas fault, Salton Trough; pollutants; Aral Sea photographs and information.
University of Redlands
- http://www.redlands.edu/ Contents: University of Redlands home page.
- Center for Environmental Management
- http://cem.uor.edu/ Contents: Objectives and facilities of Center; Access to Salton Sea Database Program and California Historical Resources Information System.
University of Southern California, Southern California Earthquake Center
- http://www.scecdc.scec.org Contents: (SCEC), Science and Technology Center of the National Science Foundation.
- http://www.scecdc.scec.org/faultmap.html Content: Faults map of Southern California
- http://www.usc.edu/dept/earth/quake/index.html Contents: Fault Map -- Southern Section of the Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge area; zoom features.
- http://www.scecdc.scec.org/sofault.html Contents: Faults in California, Southern Region
U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Lower Colorado River Region
- http://www.lc.usbr.gov Contents: Information for the lower Colorado River Region; description of the Sensitive Species of the lower Colorado River Program; access to area offices including Southern California.
- Lower Colorado River Management
- http://www.lc.usbr.gov/rivmgmt.html Contents Accounting System; Water conservation Center; Offstream Storage; river Operations.
- Salton Buttes Lava Dunes
- http://Vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/volcanoes/california/saltonButtes/description_salton_buttes.html Contents: Salton Buttes Lava Dunes.
- Salton Sea Restoration Plan
- http://www.lc.usbr.gov/~g2000/ssrest.html Contents: RFPs for research; RFPs for EIRs/EISs; Overall Work Plan; Notice of Intent; Notice of Preparation
- Salton Sea Study
- http://www.lc.usbr.gov/~scao/saltsea.htm Contents: Salton Sea Study; Staff Bios.
- Biological Assessment of the Lower Colorado River
- http://www.lc.usbr.gov/~g2000/assess/toc.htm#appd Contents: Biological Assessment of the Lower Colorado River; environmental baseline for the historic and present biological communities on the lower Colorado River; riparian, marsh and aquatic communities; natural history, distribution, and abundance of the endangered, threatened, proposed threatened or sensitive species identified; analysis of the effects on each species resulting from current lower Colorado River operation and maintenance activities; much other information.
- Salton Sea Restoration Project
- http://www.lc.usbr.gov/~saltnsea/ssrest.html Contents: Project Organization; EIS/EIR Efforts;RFP/Requests for Proposals; Public Meetings; Reports; Other Resources and Upcoming Events.
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management-Algodones Dunes
- http://www.ca.blm.gov/elcentro/algodones.html Contents: Description of the North Algodones Wilderness Area and some its flora and fauna.Project Goals and History
- http://www.ca.blm.gov/elcentro/ohvs.html Contents: Off-highway vehicle riding; includes Imperial Sand Dunes.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Pacific Region
- http://www.r1.fws.gov Contents: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California; Hawaii and the Pacific Islands Mike Spear, Regional Director; Good source of uupdates on mortality and pathology of fish and wildlife at the Sea.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Publications
- http://refuges.fws.gov/NWRSFiles/General/RefugeQuery.html Contents: Links to addresses of Refuge System Units and unit brochures/leaflets. Articles such as:Salton Sea Phase IV Sampling(1995); Imperial Water Conservation Plan (1995); Information on the Eared Grebe 1994 die-off; Algal biotoxins; Links to: California Studies; contaminant reports on wildlife in Southern California; National Wildlife Refuge System and Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge hunting announcements.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- http://info.er.usgs.gov/ Contents: Information for the National USGS Center, Reston, Virginia; access to all USGS and related websites---Links to: geologic information; water resources information; national mapping information; mode of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI); water resources.
- http://water.wr.usgs.gov Contents: USGS California projects; California current conditions; library, reports; access to regional offices; national conditions, selected water resources bibliography, abstracts and studies.
- http://wwwdutslc.wr.usgs.gov Contents: Information for the USGS Earth Science Center in Salt Lake City; The Great Salt Lake; Information by State Publications; USGS Water Resources Division; investigations and cooperative studies; internet resources.
- http://water.wr.usgs.gov:80/projects/ca470.html Contents: detailed study and assessment of irrigation drainage in The Salton Sea Area.
- http://water.wr.usgs.gov/data/94/lk/lk10254005.html Contents: USGS Data Report, California Water Resources 1994 for the Salton Sea.
- http://water.wr.usgs.gov/data/94/sw/sw10259540.html Contents: USGS Data Report, California Water Resources 1994 for the Whitewater River.
- http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov/eros-home.html Contents: Data Center Earth Resources Observation Systems main menu, products and services; publications; programs; national mapping information.
- Florida Caribbean Science Center
- http://www.nfrcg.gov/ (Old address--http://patton.nfrcg.gov) Contents: Information relating to the Florida Carribbean Science Center, a research facility of the Biological Resources Division, USGS.
- http://www.nfrcg.gov/nas/nas.htm Contents: Nonindigenous aquatic species including species found in our region, e.g. Hydrilla verticillata and Tilapia zillii
- Internet Resources for the Biologist
- http://www.nfrcg.gov/fieldguide.html Contents: Fantastic source to sites of interest to Biologists/Ecologists: HTTP Servers; Gopher Servers; Wide Are Information Servers (WAIS); FTP Servers.
- US Dept of Geological Survey Salton Sea Scientific Drilling Project
- http://-odp.tamu.edu/½csd/salton_sea/sci_mang/geosur 86_a.html Contents: Report; figures; tables; Salton Sea scientific drilling management plan and more.
U.S. Water News
http://www.uswaternews.com/homepage.html Contents: News concerning water and water issues in the USA. US Water News coverage includes water supply, water quality, policy and legislation, litigation and water rights, conservation, climate, and international water news.
University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States, The (UC MEXUS)
http://www.ucr.edu/ucmexus/mexushom.htm Contents: List of affiliated research personnel and Staff, 1997-98, research areas, publication program, seminars, public education activities, researchers-in-residence program, and who's who in San Diego-Tijuana cross border affairs.
University of Texas-LANIC
http://lanic.utexas.edu Contents: Gateway to sites from and about Latin America; Mexico; environment.
http://www.washingtonpost.com Contents: Articles on the Salton Sea such as: Bacteria killing many fish, birds In California can infect humans.
Water Education Foundation
http://www.water-ed.org Contents: Summary of "California Water Issues"; bimonthly magazine "Western Water", partially online; catalog of water-related maps, books, videos, and educational materials for sale; announcements of WEF-sponsored tours.
Woodshole Oceanographic Institute
- http://www.whoi.edu Contents: Information on the Woodshole Oceanographic Institute; news; publications; weekly calendar; Oceanographic research.
- Harmful Algae
- http://habserv1.whoi.edu/hab/ Contents: Photos of visible "Red Tide" blooms; species responsible for the harmful effects; adverse impacts on higher trophic levels; Human illness associated with Harmful Algal Blooms; Harmful Algal Blooms in Your Region; FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about Harmful Algal Blooms.
Western Water Policy Review Advisory Commission
http://www.den.doi.gov/wwprac/ Contents: Commission appointed by U.S. president to review water resource problems in 19 western states; case studies and reports
Whitewater River Revegetation Project
http://endeavor.des.ucdavis.edu/cerpi/ProjectDescription.asp?ProjectPK=1041 Contents: Whitewater River revegetation project description.
- Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge
- http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/us_nwr/az_bill.htm Contents: Description and directions to Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge
- California Wildlife Refuges
- http://22.214.171.124/test/california.html#salton Contents: Clickable California map of all of the wildlife refuges; short description of each including pictures/ includes the Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge.
- Cibola National Wildlife Refuge
- http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/us_nwr/az_cibol.htm Contents: Descriptions and directions to the Cibola National Wildlife Refuge
- http://www.npsc.nbs.gov/resource/othrdata/chekbird/r2/cibola.htm Contents: Birding Checklists of the Cibola Wildlife Refuge.
- National Wildlife Refuge, Coachella Valley - Salt Cedar Removal
- http://endeavor.des.ucdavis.edu/cerpi/ProjectDescription.asp?ProjectPK=4523 Contents: Project description for Salt Cedar removal.
- National Wildlife Refuge, Salton Sea-Colorado Basin Region
- http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/us_nwr/ca_salto.htm Contents: Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge; background on the Refuge
- http://www.rl.fws.gov/news/saltbgrd.htm. Contents: Importance of the Salton Sea
- http://www.refuges.fws.gov/NWRSFiles/other issue/EC-Studies3.htm#ss Contents: Contaminant studies.
- National Wildlife Refuge, Salton Sea
- http://www.amug.org/~drowley/mas/azbg/azgd/swaz.html Contents: Birding information of South West Arizona.
- http://www.r1.fws.gov/text/salton.html Contents:Saving the Salton Sea-downloadable pdf file.
- http://www.r1.fws.gov/news/saltbgrd.htm Contents: Why is the Salton Sea Important?
- Havusu National Wildlife Refuge
- http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/us_nwr/az_havas.htm Contents: Descripton and directions to Lake Havasu Wildlife Refuge
- Imperial Wildlife Refuge
- http://www.gorp.com/gorp/resource/us_nwr/az_imper.htm Contents: Description and directions to Imperial Wildlife Refuge
- http://www.npsc.nbs.gov/resource/othrdata/chekbird/r2/imperial.htm Contents: Birding Checklist of the Imperial Wildlife Refuge.