Summer Research Program
The SDSU McNair Summer Research Program gives talented undergraduate students the opportunity to explore their research inquiries, work closely with faculty research mentors, and learn about the doctoral career path, while getting paid up to $2,800.00.
- Once the student is accepted to the McNair Scholars Program, the student
will be given the option to apply to our 10-Week Summer Research Program.
A research proposal is required to be considered for the summer program
(more information about the proposal will be given in McNair's monthly
- Research Proposals are due at the end of the Spring semester.
- Notifcations of acceptance to the Summer Research Program will be sent out in late May, after the the committee has met and selected 25 scholars.
The Summer Program:
- Requires a minimum of 300 hours of research.
- Attendance to ALL GRE (Graduate Records Examination) test preparation
- Attendance to all Cultural Events.
- At the end of the summer each scholar will present their research at the UCSD Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Each scholar has to submit a research paper for publications to the SDSU McNair E-Journal.