April 17, 2014|
Dean, College of Sciences
- Annual Carpenter-Cohn Lecture in Comparative Biology at 4 PM on Monday, April 28, 2014 in Aztec Student Union Theater -- Pamela Soltis from the University of Florida will give a presentation on "Genome Duplication and the Diversification of Flowering Plants". More Information
- STEM Education, Economics, and Equity (SEEE) Seminar on Monday, April 28, 2014 from 4-6:30 PM at SDG&E Energy Innovation Center -- Anthony (Eamonn) Kelly from George Mason University will speak on Post-Secondary Online STEM Education: Promise or Problem? More Information / Registration
- 2014 CoS Academic Year-End and Emeritus Faculty Reception will be on May 14, 2014 from 2:30-4:00 PM at Scripps Cottage
- CoS Commencement Rehearsal will be on Thursday, May 15, 2014. at 8 AM in Viejas Arena. All members of the platform party, PhD candidates with their hooding professors, and volunteers must attend. Master and Bachelor graduates do not attend. For more information please contact Julie Scalisi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CoS Commencement Ceremony is on Friday, May 16, 2014. at 1 PM in Viejas Arena.
- “One Day in May” on Tuesday May 20 will focus on how SDSU can take a leadership role in student learning and achievement. Please mark your calendars. For more information please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning.
Around the College
- Dr. Radmila Prislin will begin 1 in the CoS beginning April 21, 2014.
- Gwendolyn (Gwen) Hill, Director of the CoS Health Professions Advising Center will be the new Director of the Pre-Professional Health Advising Office beginning in early summer.
- Assessment Updates and Timelines: We have to report to WASC on an annual basis, providing data on student learning outcomes, retention, and graduation. This data will be accessed via WEAVE For detailed information and suggestions on finalizing your AY12/13 WEAVE content See Website. For additional help or feedback contact Dr. Kathy Williams. (email@example.com).