DR. CRISTINA PEREYRA
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
1) Time frequency analysis: from Fourier
analysis to multiresolution analysis.
2) A wavelet beastiary: from Haar to Daubechies compactly supported wavelets.
3) Filter banks and fast wavelet transform. Other algorithms: lifting
4) Friends, relatives and mutations of wavelets: biorthogonal wavelets,
multiwavelets, two dimensional wavelets, wavelets on the interval, wavelet
5) Assorted applications: compression, denoising, image analysis (JPEG),
feature detection (FBI fingerprints), differential equations.