There are many ways to support the staff, faculty, and students at CMIL. One of the most effective things that you can do is to donate to our programs. We are seeking funding to support two main goals of CMIL:
- To develop the research facilities at the marine lab through by improving infrastructure, purchasing additional scientific equipment, and funding student research scholarships.
- To build and support the education and outreach programs provided by students involved in MEBSA in and around our community.
Seawater tables in the wetlab (Credit: V. Compton).
- Student research scholarships
- Financial support will enable students to purchase necessary supplies and equipment to complete their research projects.
- Student participation in scientific meetings
- Provide assistance to undergraduate and graduate students to travel to scientific meetings to present their research.
- Improved deionized water system
- Power tools and drills for the ecology shop
- Water quality measurement probes (e.g. dissolved oxygen, pH)
Lee and Ross teach high school students how to determine prey from predators using live critters from the rocky intertidal zone at the High Tech Fair (Credit: V. Compton).
- Marine Science Seminar Series
- We would like to host speakers from around California and beyond to present their research. This will increase our opportunities for collaborations and the overall quality of our research.
- Improved student workstations
- CMIL Open House
- Funding will enable us to improve our educational exhibits and broaden our reach to the San Diego community.
- Outreach initiatives
- Making Waves (High school visitation program)
- San Diego Science Alliance High Tech Fair
- Tidepooling programs
- So you think you can be a marine biologist