Macintosh OS instructions for installing additional files
1. MRJ Libraries (Mac OS Runtime Java)
for Netscape and Internet Explorer
If you are using Netscape or Internet Explorer with the Mac OS you will need the MRJ Libraries installed.
- Check for installation of the MRJ Libraries folder by looking in your System folder under Extensions.
- If your computer has the MRJ Libraries folder installed, then go on to the MRJ Plugin Instructions below. If your computer does not have this folder installed, go to http://developer.apple.com/java/download.html and follow the instructions to download the latest MRJ. (The MRJ file is very large. If you do not have a fast internet connection, the download will take a long time.)
for Netscape only
If you are using Netscape with Mac OS you will need two additional files called Plugin files. You may have more than one Netscape folder stored on your computer. The plugins MUST be installed in the folder of the version of Netscape you are currently using.
- Check for installation of these files by looking in your Netscape folder under Plugins for the files MRJPlugin and MRJPlugin.jar. If your computer does not have these files installed, go to http://www.mozilla.org/oji/MRJPlugin.html.
- Carefully follow the Installation Instructions found on this web page.
- Click on the link MRJPlugin and the folder MRJPlugin will automatically unstuff on your desktop.
- Identify the files MRJPlugin and MRJPlugin.jar for your version of Netscape and move them to the Plugins folder in your Netscape folder.